Ok, as I am sitting here at work (tee hee, very slow day) reading msnbc's articles on the stimulus thing. Still a little confused, but this is what I understood...The government is going to send every person who earned money in 2007 a check. Plus their kids get a check too. As long as you made over $3,000 and under $150,000. So with both Andy and I working and 2 kids, we would, in theory, get $1800.00. That would break down to $600 each for Andy and I, then another $300 each for Sammy and Stevie. Please, please, please correct me if I am wrong.
What I dont understand is...what about the Stay-at-home parents who didnt earn a paycheck? What about the retired or disabled? Where is this money coming from? I have always thought that the US had a debt totalling millions of dollars. True? Is this amount being sent to us going to be taxed? Something seems strangely suspiscuous to me. And why has our government waited so long to even suggest something like this? We have been in a recession for years!
While I would love to get a check from the government, I really feel that this is not going to turn out well for the working middle (and lower) class people who work their asses off just to survive. I also really think that this is not going to be "FREE" money like they are trying to pass it off as. I am not going to get too excited about the checks until I get it in my hand. The whole thing just sounds a little fishy to me.
And dont even get me started on Income Taxes. I dont know about anyone else, but I think it is a giant pile of crap that we have to pay to work. But that is another blog entry, another time.
Monday, January 28, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment